giovedì 31 marzo 2011

update 3: musical morning on the milano metro (and alitérations)

first night in milano went very nicely! good thing me and my mom don't have to share a single bed, like we had to in tokyo. we live on a pretty  busy street, and let me tell you that NY is't the only city that never sleeps. traffic was rolling at every hour of the night!
last night, my agency had sent me my schedule for today, which was three different castings at different ends of the city. not knowing very well the nor the metro, nor the trams, nor the buses, now the town, it was quite hectic in the beginning let me tell you. at least we had looked up on the ATM's (milan's metro system) website the best way to get to the different adresses, which seemed quite easy... on a map.
so the day started with a very musical metro ride into the agency. on the first line, a guy was walking around playing violin. a revved up version of the Beatles Ob-la-di Ob-la-da. on the second line we have to take into the agency, another was playing accordeon. musical morning on the milano metro!
once we got to Joy, my very italian booker Giorgio told me about the new schedule. yes, it had changed from last night. thus, we had to map out the new locations to a callback, a casting, and my first job.
the callback was for Privaliva's web catalogue. the sign on thier door said it was a magazine. getting there wasn't too too bad, since it was about a 30 minute walk (including wrong turns) from the apartement.
the second casting was for Carlo Bay, judging by the very high class hairsalon, a very high class hairdresser. he seemed to enjoy the short hair :) nicest thing about it was the location. finally, we got to go into the centre of the town. the architecture is jaw dropping. and you might have heard of the Duomo. oh, only a 2100 year-old monumental all-marble cathedral ornated by about 500 statues. the total all carved by hand. everything is twinkled with cobblestone roads mixd with the orange trams and al their wires between the detailed buildings.



this is what i mean :)


some nice things you get to see regularly.


the statue in the duomo's piazza (not pizza, piazza) from the back. mhm mhm admire that horse's nicely shaped butt, people.


jaw dropping, majestic, impressive, work-of-art Duomo. I'm thinking tomorrow, i might have time to do the tourist some more, meaning i'll be back there. you can also pay about 8euros to tour it, and actually go on the roof!


black and white is more detailed :)



The job I had was nothing high fashion, grandiose, or even good for my book. I got it by chance, because the model who was booked was actually out of town. It was for a client called Saldi Privati, that seems to be an online shopping website or something like that. I was wearing some Anna Marchetti pants and skirts..the shots were waist-down, front, profile and back, and so for the 50 ish pieces there were. omit that, the photographer was super sweet, and she said that she'd gladly book me again! awesome to have pretty much guaranteed job to pay all the metro i'm taking!

once home, we winded down and went out to get a bit more groceries. that done, we quested, to the corner to find a litttle restaurant, called Il Piccolo Paradisio. we had the much loved risotto milanese people eat so much with a very nice beer. yes, i am legal in milan for beer and wine! when about to leave, i confess i stole a pacage of the gissini that were on the table and hid it in my sleeve. my mom also spotted a shopping cart in a little street on the way home, and pushed me partway back for a little fun, hehe. now i'm home and should get to bed, for tomorrow i have two castings confirmed!

as a parting gift, i share this. i stumbled upon it towards my way back from work.


Je t'aime, mon Philippe à moi. Pas le Phelippe du brézil, tsais quand même.

ciao, M.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento